Sunday, July 15, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: Beauty Connections with Silvana Sanchez, Miss World Costa Rica 2012!

EXCLUSIVE!


Beauty Mania had a chance to meet one of the stunners in Miss World 2012. She is Silvana Sanchez, Costa Rica's candidate for Miss World 2012. Well, we can say that Silvana is one of the promising beauty queens. She's sweet looking, sexy, and extremely beautiful. Truly a Latina goddess!


Contestant Profile:
Name: Silvana Sanchez Jimenez
Age (as of 2012): 23
Height: 1.80 m.
Hometown: Palmares


BM: Tell us briefly about yourself, your family, and your hometown.

SILVANA: My country Costa Rica is a mosaic of natural beauty, featuring vibrant rain forests, picturesque beaches, and a vast array of plant and animal life.  Our culture is based firmly on the ideas of peace, equality, and respect.

Palmares, where I was raised, is mostly an agricultural town where the main crop is coffee. We have a very neighborly, close-knit community.

My dad has been a coffee farmer since he was 14 years old. He taught me the importance of respecting nature and that any dream is achievable through hard work and ambition.  My mom is a special education teacher.  She has shown me the importance of loving and helping each other through her wonderful example.  I also have an older brother who is studying law and a pet Chihuahua named Chispi.


 
BM: What made you a standout in this competition?

SILVANA: I have found that I definitely appreciate things differently than most people.  Coming from a humble background, I learned early in my life that every door that opened for me was a blessing that I had to relish.  While being selected to participate in the Miss World pageant is a once in a lifetime opportunity for every contestant, I think my unique appreciation of even the smallest moments of this experience will really shine through.


BM: How would you describe a typical day in your life?

SILVANA: A typical day in my life before I was given the opportunity to go to Miss World revolved around my family, my university, and working on my art (whenever I could squeeze in the time!).  Since then I have been laser-focused on being the best representative of Costa Rica that I possibly can.  That includes everything from long hours in the gym and dance studio to my favorite part- getting deeply involved with a fantastic organization called Ninos Sin Fronteras, supporting kids that are struggling in the poorest urban neighborhoods in the country.


BM: In one word, how would you describe your personality?

SILVANA: Passionate


BM: Aside from winning the national pageant title, what is your best accomplishment so far?

SILVANA: To me, any opportunity to represent my country on the world stage is an enormous honor.  While winning the national pageant title was certainly my best accomplishment to date, I was also selected as the National Geography Bee champion of Costa Rica when I was 16.  While I didn’t win the world title, I had the unbelievable privilege of representing Costa Rica at the World Geography Bee in Budapest, Hungary in 2005.


BM: Who/ what inspires you to win this competition?

SILVANA: The most important aspect of the Miss World pageant is the “Beauty with a Purpose” portion which highlights organizations around the world which are serving the needs of sick, hungry, poor, and otherwise disenfranchised populations.  When I was selected to represent Costa Rica at Miss World, I was inspired to get intensely involved with a local organization called Ninos Sin Fronteras.  Through my experiences working with them, I have met dozens of poor urban children who truly deserve the attention of the world.  I hope that by winning this competition, Ninos Sin Fronteras and the children they represent will finally get the resources they need to thrive.

 

BM: How would you define beauty?

SILVANA: I believe that when it comes to people, beauty is love.  The more love you exude, the more beautiful you are in the eyes of everyone who is touched by that love.


BM: Can you share to us your beauty secrets?

SILVANA: Here is the number one secret to be instantly attractive to everyone around you: project positivity, love, and passion in everything you do.  Seriously, it works!
If you combine that with a healthy diet, exercise, and a stimulated mind, you will gain beauty points that no makeup, haircut, or new shoes can ever bring you.


BM: For you, which is the most important, physical beauty or inner beauty?
Why?

SILVANA: Beauty is much more than a first physical impression.  Beauty is something that transcends the physical and reaches into the soul of a person.  Most important to this inner beauty is how a person treats those around them and the world as a whole.  There is nothing more beautiful than one who puts the benefit of others above the benefit of themselves.

 

BM: How about your fashion sense and style?

SILVANA: They say that a person’s personality can often be seen in their personal style.  As a passionate and ambitious Latin woman, I love to where clothes that make me feel feminine, elegant, and comfortable while still exuding my personality through color and eye-catching prints.


BM: If you will be granted three wishes from a genie, what would it be and why?

SILVANA: My first wish would be for all of the organizations represented by the Miss World contestants to receive the support that they all deserve.  This wish may actually become a reality through the graciousness of the pageant and its supporters.
My second wish would be for all of the children in the world to be given the love and support that I have been lucky to receive from my own friends and family.  None of my accomplishments would have been possible without them, and every child deserves the same.
While it may be cliché, my third wish would be for lasting peace to spread around the world.  Growing up in Costa Rica, one of the only countries in the world without a military, I was taught from a very young age the importance of coexisting peacefully with one another. This is one of the most important ideals I have learned in my life and believe it is extremely important to share with all of my neighbors around the globe.

 

BM: How would you describe the color RED to a blind person?

SILVANA: Red is the color of our most powerful emotions- love, anger, and passion.  Imagine seeing all of those feelings at once and you will see the color red.

BM: For you, which comes first, family or career?

SILVANA: Spending time on a career is personally satisfying, but spending time with your family is satisfying for those you love most.  For me that is an easy decision- family comes first.
 

 
BM: Any tips for success?

SILVANA: True success comes from a personal feeling of contentment.  Find what you love and pursue it with passionate vigor.

BM: What is your message to your supporters and readers of Beauty Mania?

SILVANA: I believe that the most important message for all of the readers of Beauty Mania, and especially the young girls reading this, is “while many may look to us as representatives of beauty today, each and every person is uniquely gorgeous in their own way. Treat all of those around you with respect and love, and you have already won the most important prize of all.”

Special Thanks to Reinas de Costa Rica

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...