Wednesday, June 20, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: Beauty Connections with Olivia Culpo, Miss Universe 2012!

Exclusive Beauty Talks with Olivia Culpo, Miss USA 2012, MISS UNIVERSE 2012!

Photo © 2012 Miss Universe L.P., LLLP

Newly crowned Miss USA 2012 Olivia Culpo is one of the girls to watch at Miss Universe 2012 pageant scheduled to be held on December. She was the first beauty queen from Rhode Islands to win the prestigious title of Miss USA 2012. 

Freshness, elegance, style are Olivia's trademark. As a musician, Olivia likes to play the cello and performed in numerous orchestras in the US and England. With her amazing beauty and very impressive accomplishments, no doubt she might win the 8th Miss Universe title for the USA!

Photo provided by Ms. Olivia Culpo

PROFILE:
Name: Olivia Culpo
Age: 20
Height: 1.70 m. 
Hometown: Edgwood, Cranston, Rhode Island

Photo courtesy of Fadil Berisha
 BM: Thanks for joining us today. Why don’t we start by you sharing a bit about yourself.

OLIVIA: I am 20 years old. I grew up in Cranston, Rhode Island. As the smallest state, Rhode Island definitely has a bit of a small town feel to it. It is nearly impossible to go through a day in the city of Providence without seeing a few familiar faces! I was raised in a rich musical surrounding with both of my parents having begun their professional lives as musicians. My four siblings and I grew up playing different instruments. The cello is what stuck for me, and I have been playing for fourteen years.  I went to an all-girls school which taught me the importance of being a leader and role model for others.

BM: How does it feel of winning the Miss USA 2012 title? What are your unforgettable memories during the competition?
OLIVIA: Winning the Miss USA 2012 title is an unbelievable honor. I cannot wait to work closely with the charities tied to the Miss Universe Organization and to be a role model for girls around the country. My most unforgettable memory of the pageant was when I received the "Twitter" question for my top 5 question. I had no idea what to expect.

Photo © 2012 Miss Universe L.P., LLLP

BM: We are very impressed in your performance during the Miss USA 2012 Preliminaries and Final night. What made you a standout in this competition?
OLIVIA: Since my first pageant was just this past September, I did not know as much about the pageant system as other contestants in the competition. I loved that this was my first year of pageantry because everything was very new and interesting to me. Being able to experience all of this in just one year is an absolute dream come true.

Photo by Fadil Berisha

BM: How would you describe a typical day in your life?

OLIVIA: There has yet to be "typical" day in the first 2 weeks as Miss USA. The past two weeks has mostly consisted of media and charity events around the city. But I can tell you my favorite part has been exploring the amazing city of NYC!

BM: Aside from winning the Miss USA 2012 title, what is your best accomplishment so far? Proudest moment?

OLIVIA: Aside from winning the Miss USA 2012 title, my proudest moment was winning the Miss Rhode Island USA title this past September. Since this was my first pageant, I had no idea how I would do. I was so shocked and honored to have won on my first try. I was also so happy to be a part of the amazing Miss Rhode Island Pageant family.

Photo by Tess J Photography

BM: Who or what inspires you to win this competition?

OLIVIA: I would love to have a career in the entertainment industry. Halle Berry, Giuliana Rancic, and Maria Menounos are all successful women who have participated in the Miss USA pageant system that I look up to. I was also inspired to win as a chance to be a role model for others. I know finding someone to look up to can be tough and I now have an amazing opportunity to be a leader for others.

Photo provided by Ms. Olivia Culpo

BM: How would you define beauty?

OLIVIA: My quote from the Miss USA website reads "Beauty is defined in the way you treat others." I think that being a beautiful person and treating others with kindness reflects beauty just as much, if not more, than physical features.


Photo provided by Ms. Olivia Culpo

BM: Can you share to us your beauty secrets?

OLIVIA: My favorite beauty secret is very simple - drink water! Staying hydrated is a great way to maintain clean skin and great physical shape.

BM: For you, which is the most important, physical beauty or inner beauty? Why?

OLIVIA: Inner beauty is absolutely more important than physical beauty. Inner beauty is something that radiates, no matter what your physical appearance is. Inner beauty is what can really make a difference in the lives of others which will never fade.

Photo provided by Ms. Olivia Culpo

BM: How about your fashion sense and style?

OLIVIA: I love a classic style that is timeless but also trendy and relevant with the latest fashion trends

BM: If you will be granted three wishes from a genie, what would it be and why?

OLIVIA: In case I will met a genie and granting me three wishes, I would wish the following: 1) Stop world hunger; 2) End discrimination, and 3) Stop pollution.

Photo © 2012 Miss Universe L.P., LLLP

BM: Since you will be representing the USA at Miss Universe 2012 pageant, what do you expect from the competition?
OLIVIA: I have no idea what to expect at Miss Universe. I am going to try and keep an open mind because I know it will be an experience like no other.

BM: For you, which comes first, family or career?

OLIVIA: Family comes before career for me. I think the only way to have a successful career is if you first have a solid foundation and upbringing. Your family is what provides this foundation, which makes them far more important.

Photo by Tess J. Photography

BM: Any tips for success?

OLIVIA: Never give up on your dreams and remember that anything is possible with the right attitude and hard work!

Miss USA 2012 Olivia Culpo (center) with Miss Universe 2011 Leila Lopes and Miss Teen USA 2012 Danielle Doty. Photo © 2012 Miss Universe L.P., LLLP

BM: What is your message to your supporters and readers of Beauty Mania?

OLIVIA: Thanks for all the support! I can't wait for an awesome year as Miss USA 2012.

More photos:


Photo by Tess J. Photography

Photo by Tess J. Photography

Photo provided by Ms. Olivia Culpo

Photo © 2012 Miss Universe L.P., LLLP

Special thanks to Jackie Shahinian, Public Relations Coordinator of Miss Universe Organization.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...